April 29, 2023 – May 7, 2023
This is holy ground; we’re standing on holy ground.
Imagine yourself walking where Jesus walked and encountering Him in a personal, intimate pilgrimage of faith with your brothers and sisters. On our journey to the Holy Land, we will relive, see, touch, and experience our faith alive in the land where Jesus carried out his ministry of conversion, salvation and of love. The words we have heard in Holy Scripture will leap off the pages straight into our hearts as we visit the holy sites we have only read about.
Let’s take a deeper look into the foundations of our faith grounded in Scripture.
What will we uncover?
- Who did St Peter first convert to Christianity in Caesarea?
- Where was St. Paul imprisoned for two years as he wrote his letters?
- Do you recall the first miracle Jesus performed?
- Can you recount the story of the miraculous feeding of the five thousand?
- On which mount did Jesus preach of the Beatitudes?
- Can you see St. John the Baptist standing in the River Jordon?
- Can you find Jesus on the shores of the Sea of Galilee?
- Can we even imagine kneeling at the site of Jesus’ birth?
Then, the holy city of Jerusalem opens it gates before us.
- How fervently will our “Our Father” resonate through the halls of heaven as we gather at the site that Jesus taught us how to pray?
- Will we be able to stay awake one hour at the very place where Jesus wept blood for us?
- As we stand in the very court where Peter denied Jesus, what will be our answer?
- Will Jesus heal us as he healed the paralytic at the pools of Bethesda?
- What will be our cry when we stand at the Arch where Pontius Pilate presented Our Lord to the crowds before his crucifixion?
- Will we follow Jesus on the Way of the Cross and walk with Him?
In the wilderness what will we find?
- Would we spend 40 days here?
- What kind of temptations do we encounter and overcome?
- We’ll pass by the caves of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- What will we find at the Dead Sea?
- What will we uncover in Bethany?
This is your pilgrimage of faith. This is our pilgrimage of faith. We are all brothers and sisters in the Lord.
Come and See. Join us.
Hi everyone! My name is Bernadette Parrott, owner of Wishbook Vacations and Tours, and I am blessed to be joining you on this pilgrimage as your Travel Leader.
I have traveled once to the Holy Land, but that visit was cut short due to an injury. I have led a group on a Marian pilgrimage and that experience so enriched my life and deepened by relationship with Mother Mary, that I am forever changed by it. I’ve been a traveler advisor for 20 years and love this beautiful world we call home. Please take a look around my website if you’d like to know more about other Services that I offer or if you want to learn a little more about me.
Father Obi will be our tour pastor.
Father Sylvester Obi Ibekwe, simply known as Fr. Obi, is originally from Nigeria. He was ordained to the priesthood for the Diocese of Nelson on October 13, 2015. His first parish was Holy Cross Church in Creston, BC., but was assigned to the Catholic Parishes of Penticton in July 2019.
Father is a gentle, loving man who inspires his parishioners every week at Mass with his beautiful homilies guided by the Spirit. We know his deep love for our God will enrich our pilgrimage experience.
This tour is operated by Collette Tours.
Since 1918, they have been sharing their love of travel. Today their worldwide travel collection features faith-based tours, comprehensive land tours, river cruises, rail journeys, small group tours, family trips, garden holidays and more.
Additional Booking Information
Cost of the tour:
- If you are traveling with a companion, then the price of the tour is $5,685.00 per person.
- If you are traveling alone, then the price of the tour is $7,035.00 per person.
- This amount covers the cost of the airfare from Vancouver to Tel Aviv and return, taxes, transfers, the fully guided tour, most meals (lunches are not included), and most gratuities.
- The first deposit of $600.00 per person is due upon reservation and is refundable until October 30, 2022. This deposit secures your seat on the tour.
- The second deposit of an additional $1,500.00 per person is due November 14, 2022 and is non-refundable.
- The final payment is due February 20, 2023 and is non-refundable.
An additional $105.00 per person covers the cost of my Travel Professional Fees. I’ll be traveling with you and ensuring all requirements and protocols are met, all documents are collected, all reservations are complete, and all requests are met before, during and after the pilgrimage. I’ll be your Travel Leader representing you to our Tour Manager once we are on site in the Holy Land.
It is mandatory to have additional medical insurance to enter to Israel. Insurance is an additional expense, and I will be able to help you choose the best insurance coverage for you.
There are optional tour options that can be added onto the pilgrimage:
- Jerusalem by Night with Tower of David – $99.00 per person
- 5 Days, 3 Nights Pilgrimage to Rome Pre-Tour Extension – $2,312.00 per person
– Fly into Rome, visit St. John the Lateran and the Holy Stairs, experience a Papal Audience and visit St Peter’s Basilica and perhaps add on the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, and then fly over to Tel Aviv and join the rest of the group.
- 4 Days, 3 Nights Jordan Post-Tour Extension – $1,560.00 per person
– After the pilgrimage, cross over the border into Jordan, visit Madaba, the Church of St. George, Mt. Nebo and Petra. Then journey to Wadi Rum, an immense desert, then to Amman before flying home.
– There are extra fees and visa requirements to enter into Jordan. I’ll work with those wishing to add on this extension.
Visit the Collette Tours webpage for more details including the itinerary, travel tips, terms & conditions.