Whether you are travelling outside your province or out of the country for a few days or for a few months, Manulife offers the personalized coverage you need to be financially protected against the cost of unexpected emergencies that may happen prior to or during your trip. No one expects to have a medical emergency away from home, or to have to cancel a trip due to an unforeseen emergency. But these events happen and they can be disruptive and expensive. Travel Insurance is essential in protecting your health, family and the considerable financial investment you put into your trip.
If you prefer to book it yourself, click on the Manulife image below:
If you’d like to discuss you travel insurance needs and have me book it for you, then call me.
Travel Insurance is designed to cover unexpected losses associated with your trip. What if..
- You have emergency medical expenses while you are away. Did you know that:
- When you leave Canada, even if it’s only for a few hours, you can be leaving behind up to 90% of your government health insurance plan coverage.
- Only a portion of your medical expenses are covered by your provincial coverage when you leave your home province/territory and travel domestically within Canada.
- Health Canada recommends Canadian travelers purchase additional supplementary travel health insurance when travelling.
- Medical costs outside of Canada can be VERY expensive. Medical bills can easily and quickly add up.
- I’m just going to head over to Alberta to shop without having to pay the taxes, stopped for a great seafood dinner and got food poisoning!
- I was just going to head over to the USA to go for a quick shopping day but got into a terrible car accident and had to be medi-lifted to a hospital for treatment.
- You have to cancel your holiday due to an unexpected illness or accident.
- We’ve booked this amazing family holiday to Disneyland and just before going my son broke his leg.
- You are delayed coming home and incur extra expenses.
- We were on our home and all was great until I twisted my ankle and had to go the hospital. We had to stay two days longer.
- You experience a baggage delay, loss, damage or theft.
- 10 hours later…I know my bag always seems to be the last one to show up, but now I have nothing to wear!
- You experience a missed connection due to itinerary changes, weather delays or mechanical issues
- My flight was delayed because of snow and now I’ll never be in time to catch my next flight!
Do you think you are already covered? What if….
- Your group insurance does not pay hospital bills directly, whenever possible.
- Your existing credit card does not pay for both trip interruption and trip cancellation or has a cap.
- You have a medical condition that is not “stable” (What does that mean, anyways?).
- Group plans don’t always provide adequate travel coverage:
- Group plans often do not provide trip cancellation, trip interruption, or lost luggage coverage – and when these are provided, coverage limits often do not adequately cover your pre-paid trip costs.
- Group plans usually provide coverage for a small portion of emergency medical expenses while travelling.
- You can’t rely on your credit card(s):
- Credit cards that offer travel insurance often come with age limitations to whose who qualify for coverage and usually do not provide coverage for trip cancellation, trip interruption and lost luggage.
- Limits on coverage and travel duration must be looked at closely as many credit cards will not adequately cover your trip investment.
Why Purchase Your Travel Insurance through Wishbook Vacations and Tours?
- I am fully licensed by the Province of BC and Manulife
- I have to complete extensive and ongoing training in order to offer you the right product
- I’m here for you and will assist you through those “please help me” moments should you have to make a claim
- I’ve personally taken advantage of my own Travel Insurance on two instances!
- I’ve answered my phone at 6:00 am because my client did not know what to do next!
- I really care about you and your holiday experience.
- Assistance services are essential:
- You want a travel insurance provider that gives you true 24/7 travel and emergency assistance services. Knowing you have help while travelling, if the unexpected happens, is invaluable and provides you with peace of mind.
These Clients Were Relieved They Bought Insurance
I have several clients who were happy they purchased travel insurance.
- Husband had heart attack while on vacation
- Client was diagnosed with cancer after booking and paying for their trip
- Client had to have emergency surgery and had to cancel their vacation
- Client missed a flight connection due to bad weather in Toronto on their way to their vacation
- Client broke their foot while on tour in Israel. (oh, wait, that was me!)